Limited STD Testing and Treatment
Free (limited) STI / STD Testing
Alternatives Medical Clinic offers Free testing for Chlamydia and Gonorrhea if you are sexually active and you are concerned you might be exposed and do not have symptoms. We also provide STI / STD treatment resources.
What is an STD?
STD stands for Sexually Transmitted Disease which can be contracted through any type of sexual activity. It is commonly referred as an STI or sexually transmitted infection. For the purposes of common vernacular we will use the term STD.
Many women and men never get tested because they have no symptoms or don’t realize how common they are. Infected people without symptoms can still pass the infection on to others.
Some of the more common STDs are:
- Bacterial Vaginosis
STI / STD Symptoms Include But Are Not Limited To
- unusual discharge from the penis or vagina
- a burning feeling when urinating
- growths, sores or itching in the genital area
- lower abdominal pain
- dark urine
- skin rashes or sores
- yellow eyes
- joint inflammation and enlarged lymph nodes
It is important to understand that many STDs have no obvious symptoms, or only very mild symptoms, but still may affect your reproductive health and ability to have a pregnancy in the future. It is critical to treat them as early as possible to avoid permanent damage.
The Importance of STI / STD Testing
If you ever have been sexually active it is important to get tested. This means vaginal, anal, or oral sex. Any sexual activity puts you at risk, especially unprotected sex. Many Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Sexually Transmitted Infections do not have symptoms until damage to your body has already been done.
See the section below about how to get tested and the process.
STDs and Pregnancy
Untreated STDs can have implications on your reproductive and sexual health. For this reason we will make sure you have appropriate education. Some testing can even be done in the privacy of your home. STI testing is part of routine prenatal care. AMC does not offer prenatal care, but provides referrals to local prenatal care.
STDs and Men
STD testing for men is essential to your reproductive and sexual health. We will make sure you have the appropriate education. STD symptoms in men may be different than symptoms in women.
How to protect yourself – condoms and safe sex
Unprotected sex is risky. Condoms make sex safer, but not completely safe. There is a risk of picking up an STD even with condom use.
- The surest way to protect yourself is to not have sexual contact of any kind.
- Practice mutual monogamy. This means you and your partner have no other partners while together. Marriage is an example of mutual monogamy.
- Be tested and make sure your partner has been tested before you have sex.
- Make sure you get the healthcare you need. Ask your doctor or nurse about STD testing and well-woman healthcare.
- Remember that condom use must follow manufacturer guidelines every time you have sexual contact. It provides safer sex, not completely safe sex. It is unsafe to have sex if you do not know your partner is STD free.
STI / STD Testing
Reasons for STI / STD Testing
The only way to know for sure if you have an STD is to get tested.
Most women and men never get tested because they have no symptoms or don’t realize how common STDs are. For women considering abortion or who receive a negative pregnancy test, untreated STDs can affect your future reproductive health.
You or your partner might not even know you have an STD. You can get an STD from having sex with someone who has no symptoms.
Chlamydia and Gonorrhea are two of the most common STDs. A consultation with our nurse and a simple urine test we will send to be tested can provide the answers you.
STI / STD Testing Process
You must be symptom free (see list below) to obtain these Free STI / STD tests. If you have symptoms we can help with resources where you can be checked and treated as needed.
STI / STD Symptoms
- Anal pain or itching (butthole hurts or itches)
- Itching in your pubic area (privates), more than 2 weeks
- Lice or lice eggs seen in your pubic area (privates)
- Sore or bump on genitals (privates) in past 12 months
- Widespread rash, both sides body, past 12 months
- Female with abnormal vaginal discharge (odd smell or color), over 5 days
- Female with bleeding after sex
- Female with daily lower abdominal pain, not during period
- Male with discharge from penis or burning during urination
- Male with severe testicular pain.
How we can help!
Free and Confidential Services
Alternatives Medical Clinic is committed to providing the evidence-based medical care and education you need to decide with confidence your unique situation. We provide Free (limited) STI / STD Testing. We also provide STI / STD treatment resources.
We do not make any money based on your decision and are committed to providing our Free, confidential services in a friendly, safe and non-judgmental atmosphere.
Questions or Concerns? – Make an Appointment
Contact us today for free and confidential limited STD testing and treatment.